Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Living is a Attitude, it really is...




I really didn't know what I was going to do for this shoot.  I wanted to photograph my friends grandmother, but I hadn't seen them in a while, and I found out that she's not doing well. Which is kinda sad and it makes me want to go back and photographer before anything happens.  So I though why not shot Paul Jasmin, Art Center's fashion photography legend.  So when I got to school I had a plan to put him against a black background outside.  One of the things I remembered about his class shooting outside a lot, becoming a fan of natural light. So the plan was to use a beauty dish and to bounce the sun to use as fill.  I got digitaly, which I felt wasn't the right way.  I ended just using the sun, and that made me think.  It's Jasmin, I should shot the way he had me shoot models.  "Shot them when they don't expected" he would say.  Sometimes he would have shot them when they weren't even looking and blurry.  For some reason I thought of taking out my medium format rangefinder.  So remembering his teachings and just shot. The problem is a Paul just can't stand still, he was all over the place.  To days later my assistant at a tattoo artist shoot deleted all the digital shots.  Things happen for a reason... 

No comments:

Post a Comment