Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No Body Loves Me, But I Do




I have been a fan of Portishead since they first hit the scene. There music is not only an amazing mix of different styles, but they are true artist in every form. Their album covers have always caught my eye, and the videos have became art pieces in their own right. I feel like the video are mini movies of a style from cinema no longer seen. They are not afraid to go far out, yet they stay very classy. They reach out as far as Hip Hop, to the point were they are collaborating with rappers. This is what music should, it should cross boundaries and push for higher standards of work. I love the lyrics and the choice of instruments. Their live performances became magical and are still been referenced by critics. I constantly looking at them for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I was just researching videos, and I was looking at some portishead videos, but did not come across this one. It's so awesome! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete